VE Home Swim Meet Map
Upload and embed files
Swim Meet 101
New to swim meets? We understand that they can be hectic and a little bit chaotic so here are some tips and tricks from parents who have "been around the blocks".
- COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS. Our children 11 and under still do not have the opportunity to receive a vaccination. Please consider their health and kept them socially distanced when possible. Masks at meets are optional, not required. CSSL will be given an athlete roster of the home and visiting team in case any future contact tracing is required. There will not be a roster for spectators, parents or siblings. Spectators on the pool deck will be standing room only, please set up your camp chairs in the designated areas outside the pool deck. We will be livestreaming the meet on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/veswimteam. A large TV will be on the clubhouse deck showing the livestream, or you may watch from any device. The area around the clubhouse, the grassy area and the parking lot are all available spots for spectators and families to "camp out" until it is time for their swimmers' race(s).
- PLAN TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 4:30pm for home meets and 5pm for away meets. The Home team warm ups start at 5pm, the Visitor team warm ups start at 5:30, and the meet will officially begin at 6pm. Swimmers should wear their suit to the meet and have their goggles properly fitted. When you arrive, take your swimmer to the Coaches. They will give your swimmer their Entry Sheet. Please bring a black Sharpie, and mark your swimmer with meet events on their leg/shoulder/arm. Once marked up, the swimmers will warm-up before the meet begins.
- PLEASE DO NOT PUT SUNSCREEN ON SWIMMERS BEFORE THEY ARRIVE. The marker won't write on top of sunscreen. There will be time to apply sunscreen after marking them up.
- HOME TEAM SWIMS IN EVEN NUMBERED LANES. AWAY TEAM SWIMS IN ODD LANES, LANE 5 ALTERNATES BETWEEN TEAMS.
- 6 AND UNDERS WILL COMPETE IN THE FREESTYLE AND FREESTYLE RELAY. Some may participate in Backstroke. Your family may leave after all of your swimmers have completed their events.
- The Coaches will determine which events the swimmers will participate in. If your child cannot swim a stroke legally they will not be entered in that event. This can result in a swimmer having fewer events than others.
- Swimmers ages 5-8 will report to their Bull Pen at least 9 events prior to their next event, so that our Volunteers can get them organized and to the lanes in time. Swimmers ages 9 and up will need to be lining up behind the dive blocks 5 events prior to their next event. Parents - your help in making sure swimmers are in the correct areas on time is appreciated. We don't want your swimmer to miss any of their events.
- A SWIMMER MAY BE DISQUALIFIED (DQ) BY THE MEET OFFICIAL FOR IMPROPERLY PERFORMING A STROKE. This happens to even the best swimmers at times. If you want to understand stroke technique and help your child develop, please attend a Stroke Clinic.
- SWIMMERS RECEIVE A RIBBON FOR EVERY EVENT THEY SWIM. (With the exception of swimmers that are DQ'd.)
- MEET RESULTS ARE POSTED TO THE WEBSITE AND PARENT PORTAL THE DAY AFTER THE MEET.
- EARLY TAKE-OFF BY AN INDIVIDUAL IN A RELAY WILL RESULT IN A DQ FOR THE ENTIRE RELAY TEAM.
- THE HALFWAY POINT IS EVENT 43. This is when first half volunteers are released and second half volunteers begin. Second half volunteers - PLEASE report on time.
- THE MEET WILL LAST UNTIL AT LEAST 9:30-10pm. At Home meets, we have the concession stand to provide food and drinks at a reasonable cost. Most other teams also have some sort of concession stand. It's a good idea to pack water and healthy snacks/sandwiches, though, to get you and your gang through the meet.
- FEEL FREE TO BRING THINGS TO ENTERTAIN YOUR CHILD DURING THE MEET. Books, coloring books, cards, are all good ideas. Don't bring anything valuable, or anything you don't want to lose. LABEL EVERYTHING. AND BE AWARE OF THE WEATHER...WE SWIM IN THE RAIN!
- GATHER YOUR THINGS BEFORE IT GETS DARK. Once the sun goes down it is hard to find things in the dark. Please, please, please help pick up trash and keep the area clean.
- PARENTS SHOULD BRING LAWN CHAIRS TO SIT IN.
- PER CSSL RULES, NO ALCOHOL, SMOKING, PROFANITY OR VERBAL ABUSE IS ALLOWED AT SWIM MEETS. THIS INCLUDES THE PARKING LOT, GRASSY AREA AND ALL SURROUNDING AREAS OF THE POOL DECK.
- THE BABY POOL WILL BE GATED AND IS OFF LIMITS DURING SWIM MEETS. SIBLINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE WATER.
Simple formatted text
Sign up for our team Remind 101
Upload and embed files